Thursday, August 27, 2009

Changing desires in life!

"kanna,what do u wanna become when u grow up?" asked mom, trying to push another handful of food inside my mouth...i replied saying-"Ma, i want to become a doctor".
Mom's lips widened and she said "i am proud of u, but may i know why?"
I replied "to put injection to my teacher" i retorted. she soon burst into a laughing spree along with dad and said "pity your teacher". I soon said "pity me, she gives so much of home work."
"mom i want to be a doctor" and that's how it started....

When i was 8 years old, on one fine day my relatives had come home for a particular occasion. "Do you know me " they would ask . Honestly there would be hardly 1 0r 2 whom I could recognize . But as per the instructions from my dad I always replied " Of course aunty .. How can I forget you "...and thankfully they never asked anything beyond that..But on that day they had another question, asked me what i wanted to be...but this time i had a different answer, i told them that i wanted to have a chocolate factory for myself so that i can eat how many ever chocolates i want to, hence my dad and mom can never stop me from eating chocolates. There followed a thunder bolt of laughter.
No wonder they laughed then and no wonder i laugh now :).

As i turned 10 i wanted to be an artist and when i was 12 i wanted to be a tennis player, at 14 an architect but i really stopped telling myself that i want to become something as i turned 16, confusion inside me, outside me and around me.

Well , the desires do keep changing .What you desired today might not be the same tomorrow. But however the heart which desires remains the same . And its always the human nature to keep desiring .So its better to stop arguing against desires and just let them run free..
And it is these desires that makes life lively . Irrespective of how big, how small, how foolish or even how clever they are , these desires are always special and provides us with the joyous moments in life.

"keep desiring, come what may."

3 comments:

  1. good to see some humor in your blog. :)
    thats my ishtyle :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! really? the copyrights don't belong to u chellam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL....nice one...cuteeeeeeeeeee

    Div!

    ReplyDelete