Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Winging thoughts

The National commerce talent test laid a platform making it a brilliant avenue for me to learn the tactics of transforming this narrow path into a success accomplishing one. I was called upon to undertake a session at 'LOYOLA ACADEMY' which was acquainted to me just 24hours before.
The next day morning,I arrived but unrehearsed,
At that juncture i came up with an extremely odd person who asked me to wait about 20minutes outside the gates just because i dint posses a college ID card, this man looked funny with a slapped nose and was shabbily dressed in khakhi, a gatekeeper i suppose.
A pleasant man with a pleasant weather after an extremely smooth travel in a public transport was a perfect combo...Sigh!

Later on i was let through confirming with a staff at the premises.

The campus could completely pacify the feel of a college, it looked spacious and boundless, there was a smart basket ball stadium where i had mind to go dodging around which was accompanied by a cricket ground which looked wide spread... where as you couldn't possibly dream about acquiring one in BADRUKA..:(!
I got my eyes stuck to a notice board as i entered which apprised about the timings of the session, notified as 'second batch- sruthi(will any one ever learn to spell my name? Its SHRUTHI!!!) and naveen.(2.40pm)
I turned back to see The father of the college(HOD) and a formally dressed boy along with him walking up to me, we introduced ourselves, took refreshments and kicked off.
He indubitably was a great guy to work with, we brewed out our thoughts together and came up to a conclusion.
As the clock struck 2.10 we were directed to a hall which was capacious and could possibly accommodate 300 people.
Naveen was all set with his laptop and his self prepared slides but on the other hand all i had was just a mild information on every intrinsic topic,we sat down along with the crowd contemplating as well as eagerly waiting for the commencement of the session just like everyone else did,
The assorted crowd looked like a fusion of professionals and bouncers.
The people who were seated at back where already fallen asleep( no surprise)

The first batch walked up and spoke about 'Demand analysis' for which i dint give heed to and started gearing up on my topic

And then came my turn, I went up with the mike facing the audience, gave a nice wide smile and turned back to the screen....."Fishhhhhhh!!! WTF?????" was the only thought which got glued on my mind, There was a biggest blunder shown on the screen, surprisingly it wasn't spotted by the people,
A topic called 'Rectification of errors' flickered on my head from no where, i soon adopted myself to it as quickly as a chameleon.
Naveen kept gazing at me still not realizing the reason for a sudden shift.
But this made my job easier as the slides explored with a lot of errors.
The mission accomplished and i once again sat down along with the crowd elucidating naveen about the blunder he made.
Once the session came to an end, we went around exploring the campus until we were called back.
We went back to the pavilion while others filled their feed back forms, A guy pushed his chair back..stood and screamed" Shruthi^^^ are you a FIRST year???? he hurried
Awe!(I soon gotta jerk) and softly replied "YES, certainly i am ....is it a SIN???
He Grinned and sat back.

I felt ecstatic to know that i was the second best performer at the session.

Its an aura of excellence to me, Hence posted ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kudos to you....!!!
    itz really exhilarating n entertaining to learn that you stood 2nd in the event. And the way u tackled the situation ( shiftin the topic to Rectification....'N' on being lucky thereon)z majestic n well-done. Anyway, that's a proud moment us..

    Keep going ahead!!!
    cheers..!!!:-D

    ReplyDelete